Bearded dragon falling problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2PA

I was wondering if bearded dragons are very good at telling heights and ledges, because I don't want to let my dragon roam the floor if he might fall off the landing or stairs or whatnot.

Are beardies usually good with heights?

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
no. both of mine don't seem to notice a high drop. Dargon has fallen of the bed, and Tasty Treat almost ran off the edge of the stairs. We block off the stairs when we let them loose so they don't fall down them.

A2PA

Original Poster
That's what I do right now, I put a cardboard wall up near edges but I wasn't sure if it was necessary till now, thanks

Contrary to popular belief, beardies are not cats ;) They suck at judging height and they're ability to "make the jump" or "stick the landing". Jericho has fallen off the couch more times than we can count, he used to jump off rather gracefully, then as he grew he started this weird thing where he walks along the edge trying to find the right spot to jump from, and then ends up slipiing over the edge and falling anyway. Luckily it's a short drop and he's hefty. He has fallen off the top of the couch, and our bed.

One day, a few weeks ago, i was sitting on the couch and I see Jericho come trotting into the living room from the office (aka the beardie's bedroom). I was surprised because I hadn't taken him out of his cage. So i asked my bf if he took him out, he said no. I went in to the office to find his glass door was still basically closed. The little sh*t wedged out of the glass door and fell from the top of the 3' island his tank sits on. I freaked out, checked him all over, and then promptly put him back. He was grounded! Thank god we have carpet to cushion the fall.

Someday maybe we'll get some of their graceful acrobatics on video and make a little montage with silly music.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom