BEARDED DRAGON - EXTREAMLY LARGE POOP (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone... i just got a bearded dragon 3 weeks ago... everything seems to be normal, he is active and eating well... but recently he has been having large poops. I have been feeding him crickets and mealworms no larger than his head (greens as well); however, the last couple of times he has pooped they seem to be irregularly large. his appitite has fallen in these past few days, yet the poop is big. he is also shedding but the skin on his body hasn't seemed to start. here are a couple of pictures of what im talking about.
Photo0082.jpg
skin shade
Photo0080.jpg
poop size
any help would be greatly appriciated

-3unu(H_80m83r
Chris

mark83

Hatchling Member
I wouldn't worry about the poop. I'm not sure I understand the question on shedding though? You say he is shedding but his skin hasn't started yet? I'm going to assume you mean pealing and falling off. I would recommend warm baths once a day. You could also spray him with a warm mist but I don't normally do that for fear of raising the humidity in the viv. In any case the baths should get him shedding nicely.

Mark

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
That's a normal sized one. There's a reason why people commonly call them little poopers here. You don't want to know how much can come out of my guys.

The shedding. Just give extra baths. It's normal for them not to shed their whole body at once. With my 2, I haven't see a full body shed forever. Usually it's torso, then arms and legs, then the head and tail come last. They are pretty much always shedding somewhere.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, beardies leave behind very large presents for their human slaves. Nothing to worry about with the size, unless your dragon seems to be having a lot of issues passing it. but yeah, the size of the poop seems pretty normal.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
LOL i cracked up when i read the post and seen it was a little beardie. Cant wait for him to get big for you then you will go HOLY crap where did all that come from?? My 24 incher has poop the size of your arm! *shivers at the thought*

Not maken fun of you or anything its just i remember my first huge poop from on of my guys.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Glad to hear it, and see the massive amount of shed. They can act really off when they're shedding, mine is shedding in very small patches (One toe on each of her right claws, left front claw, and a small patch of scales on her belly).

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
AHHH the massive poops! I remember seeing Angus' first one - thought a puppy got in his viv and left it! :lol:

Ok on the arm size one - I am NOT looking forward to finding that present! ROFLMAO

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
ha..I've seen poops bigger than mine come from my dragon. You should see some of the one's that come out of my Meller's chameleon!

Luthor

Hatchling Member
I know it sounds pretty gross, but I for one would welcome a photo thread with pictures of poop.

:)

Not because I am a weirdo :oops: - but it would be good to be able to see what people deem "healthy" poops and even some that have sick beardies could show the poop so that we have something to compare and monitor against.

When I saw Dewi's first poop it scared the hell out of me with the white stuff..until I read about it. However, I really have no idea if his poop looks healthy or not. Though not runny as such they do look a bit moist.

Gross maybe? lol

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Luthor":1e7jch2j said:
I know it sounds pretty gross, but I for one would welcome a photo thread with pictures of poop.

I think this is a good idea as well. When I first got Clyde, I was stressing a lot about his poop and whether or not it was healthy. I still do stress about it actually. So seeing some other people's pics would maybe make me feel a bit better.

As for poop size, I was at the pet store last weekend and they had little tiny hatchlings with microscopic poop and I said to my fiance that I wish Clyde had tiny poops like that!

Luthor

Hatchling Member
Toyguy":2dm8v35r said:
Personally, I think it's a great idea, for the same reasons :)

Only trouble is, if it's a sticky thread about poop...

Only one name possible really...

"Sticky Poop"

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom