Bearded dragon doesn't wanna bask or eat? (Pic inside)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Amber has just woken up for the first time since her last vet visit (3-4 months ago) so I took the opportunity to give her a warm soak.

She drank a fair amount of water then I took her out after 10-15 mins and put her under her basking lights. She doesn't seem to enthusiastic about being under her basking light but under her UVB seems to be the only thing she wants (they are side by side).

Should I just let her do what she wants and just hope she goes under her basking bulb? She is beside it but not under it like I said this is the first time she has been out in a few months since she last shutdown to brumate.

She also kinda snubbed the mealworms I tried giving her she only ate one and seems uninterested in eating anymore.

Attachments

• 17116473455043278598246272798369.jpg
    17116473455043278598246272798369.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 26

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys my Amber has just woken up for the first time since her last vet visit (3-4 months ago) so I took the opportunity to give her a warm soak.

She drank a fair amount of water then I took her out after 10-15 mins and put her under her basking lights. She doesn't seem to enthusiastic about being under her basking light but under her UVB seems to be the only thing she wants (they are side by side).

Should I just let her do what she wants and just hope she goes under her basking bulb? She is beside it but not under it like I said this is the first time she has been out in a few months since she last shutdown to brumate.

She also kinda snubbed the mealworms I tried giving her she only ate one and seems uninterested in eating anymore.
Let her do her thing ---- her stomach has shrunk since she ate last and her appetite will slowly come back - just offer her food as normal --

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Let her do her thing ---- her stomach has shrunk since she ate last and her appetite will slowly come back - just offer her food as normal --
I'll definitely do that she seems fully alert and everything just not hungry if she wakes up and resumes activity tomorrow I will see if she wants to try crickets or greens.

I'm fresh out of greens and crickets only reason I didn't offer her either of those of course the one time I DON'T stock up on both of those she wakes up lol.

For all I know she may go right back to brumate tomorrow.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom