Bearded Dragon Bloated/Puffed like a balloon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex1234

HI question!

My bearded dragon has become bloated/puffed in his belly area... he is almost finishing his shed which he has shed on his feet and his head. I gave him 2 baths today and he pooped during his second bath.
I'm wondering why he could be bloathed like this? He almost feels like a balloon! He only ate one super worm today which is not like him since he normally eats around 4 every second day.

He is a male 2 years of age
Lives in a 50 gallon tank
160w basking uva/uvb lamp solar glow Exo Terra Bulb
75w white basking lamp Exo Terra Bulb
The tempurture i's between 105 to 110 f which he seems to like.
He is served bok choi, dandelion greens and green pea leaves daily. strawberry's are given twice a week (which are his favourite) and occasionally I give him beardie bites.
He eats superworms or wax worms every second to 3rd day.
I try and bath him 2 to 3 times a week I have been doing it every second day now while he is shedding.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The puffing is pretty normal, especially during shed. It helps them to loosen skin. They also puff or pancake to increase surface area to bask efficiently. If you can post a photo of him I'll be glad to take a look and make sure he looks to be a healthy weight etc. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom