DragonMomEm

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Octavia
Hello, new here to this site. I’ve got a bearded dragon Octavia, she’s around a year and 9 months old, she been doing great and hasn’t had any problems! She has however been almost insistent on laying on my dryer..?😅 story for context; a couple weeks ago I had just given her a bath and after toweling her dry I placed her upon a blanket on my dryer to do my laundry (switch it over and whatnot) after I started the dryer and reloaded my washer i noticed her practically asleep and nestled into the blanket. I thought what an odd thing to do… since then it’s almost become a routine to sit/ hangout on the dryer after a bath. She practically races out of my hands to climb onto the towels or blankets i have set above !?
So my question is, for any reason would there be a cause to this and or could it be harmful to her in anyway? The heat the dryer is putting off / emitting. Could she be too cold in her tank so she soaks up this heat. ( I keep our home pretty warm let alone her 40g tank with a ceramic heater and a UVB bulb on top) Could the shaking be soothing/ calming to her? I wasn’t sure and wanted to ask others if anyone has any help advice or answers… thank you.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, new here to this site. I’ve got a bearded dragon Octavia, she’s around a year and 9 months old, she been doing great and hasn’t had any problems! She has however been almost insistent on laying on my dryer..?😅 story for context; a couple weeks ago I had just given her a bath and after toweling her dry I placed her upon a blanket on my dryer to do my laundry (switch it over and whatnot) after I started the dryer and reloaded my washer i noticed her practically asleep and nestled into the blanket. I thought what an odd thing to do… since then it’s almost become a routine to sit/ hangout on the dryer after a bath. She practically races out of my hands to climb onto the towels or blankets i have set above !?
So my question is, for any reason would there be a cause to this and or could it be harmful to her in anyway? The heat the dryer is putting off / emitting. Could she be too cold in her tank so she soaks up this heat. ( I keep our home pretty warm let alone her 40g tank with a ceramic heater and a UVB bulb on top) Could the shaking be soothing/ calming to her? I wasn’t sure and wanted to ask others if anyone has any help advice or answers… thank you.
Could be but dragons heat w/ their backs not stomachs--- how are you getting her surface basking temps? they should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- and the UVB what are you using coil or a long tube fixture?

If it were too warm, she would probably try to leave. She was wrapped in a towel, warm and comfy. I keep a small flannel beardie-sized blanket in my beardie's viv, and every so often he snoozes in it. I'm just surprised that the vibrations didn't bother her. Maybe they rocked her to sleep?

DragonMomEm

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Octavia
Could be but dragons heat w/ their backs not stomachs--- how are you getting her surface basking temps? they should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- and the UVB what are you using coil or a long tube fixture?
I only have the Velcro thermometers in her tank as of this moment, but if need be I can get a digital probe. And her UVB is from a long tube fixture.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I only have the Velcro thermometers in her tank as of this moment, but if need be I can get a digital probe. And her UVB is from a long tube fixture.
Please get two digital probe thermometers they are the most accurate - the velcro are giving ambient temps - what brand and bulb is the UVB look on the bulb it will tell you on the bottom it will say T 5 or T 8 as well

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom