Bearded Dragon Beard spike is red and soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxDragon

My bearded Dragon was just shedding and I helped a little and I don't know for sure if this cause it or not but I just noticed one of the spikes on his beard is red at just the tip and it feels softly and bendy, if anyone knows if this is bad or something I don't know I'm just worried

Hi,

is it possible for you to post a picture?

Also, please fill in the following so that others can help you better:

type of enclosure:
size of enclosure:
Lights used:
Diet:
Hot side temp:
cold side temp:
age of dragon:
additional info(optional):

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It may just be soft new scale. If it doesn't look wounded or raw it should be OK. (If it does look wounded we can help with that as well, just let us know). I agree that some photos would be helpful to confirm. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

FoxDragon

Original Poster
Alright so heres a picture of the spike http://prntscr.com/oaplcq
And I dont know the answers to those questions, Im not there at the moment nor do I know much but she asked me to try and help I will ask her for it though

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not able to tell much from that photo. The spike looks dark near the tip which is pretty common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom