Bearded Dragon Arm, Head, and Tail Rot Possibly?! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres brown spots on his legs and tail and head and I'm worried. Immediate help please. I'm not sure if it's just the kind of bearded dragon he is, but I'm not sure. To help you out, there's pictures down below. Please help my little beardie!! :)

83825-9850811399.jpg

83825-2204779652.jpg

83825-6062343181.jpg

BeardedDragonLover11 ;)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like it may just be darkening areas related to shed, but I'm not sure. Are there any open sores or anything along those lines, or just darkening areas? I'd keep a close eye on the areas, especially the spot on his leg above the obvious shed area. I'd imagine the area should eventually turn light and start to shed but if it continues to be dark or if it starts to spread it may be worth having a vet look at it. I'm not sure the view counter is necessarily people opening the thread. I think there are a lot of search bots (google, yahoo, etc) that roam the forum and may cause the views to go up.

BeardedDragonLover11

Original Poster
CooperDragon":30ltayqn said:
It looks like it may just be darkening areas related to shed, but I'm not sure. Are there any open sores or anything along those lines, or just darkening areas? I'd keep a close eye on the areas, especially the spot on his leg above the obvious shed area. I'd imagine the area should eventually turn light and start to shed but if it continues to be dark or if it starts to spread it may be worth having a vet look at it. I'm not sure the view counter is necessarily people opening the thread. I think there are a lot of search bots (google, yahoo, etc) that roam the forum and may cause the views to go up.

Okay, thank you, and he's just falling apart!! I have like three threads at one time, lol. They've been like that since I've got him like 6 months ago. :? Thanks about the views, too. And I will show you his tail.

83825-4410510995.jpg

Okay so here is his whole body.

83825-8752462053.jpg

(I just took him for a walk outside, lol, He needs to absorb some real UV rays!!

Anything now? Other than that he seems fine. ;)

BeardedDragonLover11

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Outside time is always good. Can't beat natural sunlight. The tail looks OK to me, just dark colored which is normal. The dark spot on the left leg right above the white shedding area is what looks suspicious to me. I'm not sure what it is or if it's even a problem but it may be worth having a vet take a sample of skin from that area if the scales start to look indented or start to decay. If they are intact and healthy looking aside from the darkening it may just be his natural coloring. Perhaps someone else can have a look and give their thoughts on it too.

BeardedDragonLover11

Original Poster
They are a bit hard though, his front legs and that area all around looks great

83825-3665472781.jpg

83825-2414958556.jpg

His curly tail, lol

83825-5326578752.jpg

Is it just me, or is it getting worse?!

83825-9283288954.jpg

And so many pictures, I know, but do you see the little black spot right there?

83825-5655224575.jpg

It's sort of hard to see.

Thanks again!!

BeardedDragonLover11

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I see the dark spots but to me they look like natural pigment and the scales look intact which is a good sign. It won't hurt to get a second and third pair of eyes on that though, I could be mistaken.

BeardedDragonLover11

Original Poster
CooperDragon":g2m7o7kg said:
I see the dark spots but to me they look like natural pigment and the scales look intact which is a good sign. It won't hurt to get a second and third pair of eyes on that though, I could be mistaken.

Okay, we'll see if anyone else replies. You've really been a big help, thanks. I will also keep you posted :)

BeardedDragonLover11 ;)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think it is questionable, on the back area. It could be just the shed or pigmentation but it also looks a little like fungus, but not positive. Fungus can take on so many different looks sometimes.
Maybe you should see if the vet could do a skin culture possibly just to be sure.
How long has the area on his back looked like this?

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I also think it looks questionable. It wouldn't be tail or scale rot but could possibly be fungal. Only a skin scraping could tell you for sure at this stage, but it does spread quickly and is one of the most difficult things to treat, if it is yellow fungus. You could be proactive + put Lamisil antifungal cream on it for now though.

BeardedDragonLover11

Original Poster
AHBD":1ms3kdea said:
Really ? Do you have older pics to compare it to ?
Yeah, and I will post them when I get home. (Not home right now). I'm pretty sure it was like that....... Well, we'll see!!

BeardedDragonLover11

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely post some older pictures so we can see the comparison shots compared to now.
Some of the areas do look like the pigmentation that is normal coloration. There are some areas that look suspicious.
I agree, as a precaution, I would go ahead & start him on the anti-fungal cream to try & begin treating it. Also, you can get some non dairy soy yogurt or non dairy acidophiliz which are probiotics & can help balance out his gut flora in case yeast & or fungus is internal.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom