Bearded dragon and calcium powder

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 2 or 3 month old bearded dragon. i have had it for about 2 weeks and i havent been using calcium powder cause everytime i try and get some the stores are sold out. how long can he go without it. im going today and see if they finally have some as i know he really needs it. also i have been feeding it Natures own bearded dragon bites and greens and crickets untill i ran out of crickets yesterday and also the juvi bearded dragon food the little green red orange pellets. my temps in the cage are around 82 to 88 and the basking spot is getting to 103 104 and i have checked it with a prob. i have a reptisun 10 flourecent blub. and right now he is a ten gallon cage but prob be in 20 gallon next week. and im using repti carpet

gini

Sub-Adult Member
Hi. You can order it as well. Petmountain.com is great for just about anything you would need. They ship fast too.

ckyforever43

Original Poster
if the store dont have it thats deff the place i will go and order it best site around. but how long can he go without it before i should be worried even though i already am. lol this is my first beardie

gini

Sub-Adult Member
I don't know how long without... I started with it from day one. If they don't have any today at the pet store, I would order it right away. I'm sure someone who knows will pipe in and let you know.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
I would definitely get calcium w/D3 into your feeding regimen as quickly as possible. It's important to their growth and bone formation and as they are growing at a good clip at this young stage, it's important for them to get off on the right foot. I believe I posted up some links in your other thread... hope you're were able to use them with no problems. :)

Your ReptiSun, is it a linear tube then (rather than a coil or compact)?

The best,
Em

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
ckyforever43":68c02 said:
yeah its the long round tube not coil or compact

Great! Just checkin. :mrgreen:

Best of luck on finding the calcium.

The best,
Em

crosby

Gutloading is a technique used to get more nutritional value out of your insects. Crickets and mealworms have little to no nutritional value by themselves…as a result your insect must have their belly’s full of nutritional food. 70-649 gutload/feed my crickets and mealworms large pieces of carrots and beets. The most important part of my gutload is flaked fish food and calcium powder with D3. (Flaked fish food is very high in protein.) 646-204 I gutload every evening so in the morning my insects are engorged with nutritious moist food. Always gutload your insects. If you don’t you are neglecting your bearded dragons and wasting your money and time. 70-647 nsects can be expensive and if they don’t have any nutritional value why even bother. If you don’t gutload you might as well just buy the canned insects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom