Bearded Dragon always wants out and scratches at window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1 ½ year old bearded dragon who, after discovering my window sill, won't stop glass surfing on both her tank and my window. When I put her in her tank, she rams her head on the glass in the directing of my window after just 5 minutes of being in her tank. Then I let her out of the tank so she can climb up to my window. She used to just stare out the window for hours, but now after just 5 minutes, she begin glass surfing on my window too. I thought she would tired herself out after a little while, but SHE DOES NOT STOP. It is incredibly loud and annoying and I can't figure out how to make her stop. I tried feeding her, but the window is a higher priority than food, even roaches. Any suggestions on how to get her to stop this would be great.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She is curious and doesn't really understand the barrier. Are you able to give her space to roam around the house or even just a spacious room? You could try setting up a basking station for her to return to in order to warm up and give her free range for a bit. These super energetic phases tend to come in waves/seasons too so she will likely calm down after a while. Try to accommodate her as much as you can for now though.

SgtAnarchy

Original Poster
CooperDragon":oq7aegp2 said:
She is curious and doesn't really understand the barrier. Are you able to give her space to roam around the house or even just a spacious room? You could try setting up a basking station for her to return to in order to warm up and give her free range for a bit. These super energetic phases tend to come in waves/seasons too so she will likely calm down after a while. Try to accommodate her as much as you can for now though.
She pretty much as my entire room to explore, and occasionally I let her outside (supervised of course). At this point she is outside of her tank more often than she's in it.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I just typed it in another thread...
How do you keep 'em down on the farm once they've seen Paree? :laughing6:

ZaRDoZ makes a heck of a racket glass-surfing, chucking stones & tiles around, beating up plants...
He even tries--multiple times a day--to pull the glass door open, having learned it watching me.
And when I take him out, all he wants to do is squirm, dive off into space, and kill himself!

A few (dozen?) generations of captive breeding isn't going to breed out all of the "wild".
They'll always (I hope) want to be outside in the sunshine hunting down bugz, wormz, and nookie.
I'm afraid if they didn't, it would mean their spirit has been crushed, and I don't want that either.

I try my best/darndest to keep him safe and enjoy the show, laughing at his antics. :laughing6:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom