Bearded Dragon always Hiding But Eating Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omen666

Original Poster
I ordered a Repti-sun 10.0 thats under way so that should be okay for UV ill try alsot to close the rock where
hes hiding under and try it out for a few days

Omen666

Original Poster
Update on the situation now. Its not hiding anymore but she has her stick thats on the UV side and it wont come down to bask, i try to bring her
down on the basking spot and she goes back up on the stick and stays up there all day under the UV. im confused.... i checked the temp on the basking rock and it looks normal, i put veggies in its plate and no movement, it still eats crickets witch i dont understand. Its lying there the face down on the
stick not moving.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Omen666":yqa3qou0 said:
Update on the situation now. Its not hiding anymore but she has her stick thats on the UV side and it wont come down to bask, i try to bring her
down on the basking spot and she goes back up on the stick and stays up there all day under the UV. im confused.... i checked the temp on the basking rock and it looks normal, i put veggies in its plate and no movement, it still eats crickets witch i dont understand. Its lying there the face down on the
stick not moving.

What kind of basking bulb are you using, out of curiosity? If the temps aren't the problem, maybe there is an issue with the visible spectrum of light it's putting out that she doesn't like?

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Omen666":zbk8ji9y said:
I'm using the narrow flood 150w basking lamp from exo terra sun glo

Hmm, can't think of any reason that would cause issues. Do you have a dimmer or any way of raising it further above the viv? Maybe she just doesn't like the temps that hot even if you're getting good temp readings there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom