Bearded dragon acting lazy and not eating

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
How long does brumation usually last?
As ours has been kind of lethargic like her the past couple of weeks, changed his set up about a week before that and his perch didn't get put back under the UVB then it burned out so I was thinking that might have been it. Not so much he's back to being lethargic and being under his bridge. Doesn't seem like he is very interested in the food either.

K.E.W.T

Original Poster
I'm berting she can't resist the hornworms 😉😁
My store was out of horn worms, she ate one wac worm but now won’t eat another one (those are her favourites aside from hornworms!) all she wants to do is be under her heat lamp! Like if I move her she moves herself back to her heat lamp!

Last edited:

K.E.W.T

Original Poster
So her beard went down but she’s still not interested in live food. I did notice she ate some of her greens though

K.E.W.T

Original Poster
So she is just completely ignoring food! She still poops but they are more runny and usually she will poop and then glass surf until I clean it but now she poops and just lays in it pretty much. Idk what’s wrong with her! She’s still acting alert, just not eating.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How long does brumation usually last?
As ours has been kind of lethargic like her the past couple of weeks, changed his set up about a week before that and his perch didn't get put back under the UVB then it burned out so I was thinking that might have been it. Not so much he's back to being lethargic and being under his bridge. Doesn't seem like he is very interested in the food either.
How old was the UVB? They usually dont burn out unless there is a glitch in the bulb and its defective- they will not eat w/ out correct surface basking temps and correctly placed UVB for the screen on the tank - UVB's need to be changed out every 10-11 months for a T 5 and every 5 months for a T 8-- it is however winter in the US and dragons will slow down on the eating --

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
How old was the UVB? They usually dont burn out unless there is a glitch in the bulb and its defective- they will not eat w/ out correct surface basking temps and correctly placed UVB for the screen on the tank - UVB's need to be changed out every 10-11 months for a T 5 and every 5 months for a T 8-- it is however winter in the US and dragons will slow down on the eating --
His bulb is probably 10-11 months old
I remember reading that we can get a years worth out of them. Is this incorrect?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
His bulb is probably 10-11 months old
I remember reading that we can get a years worth out of them. Is this incorrect?
You can but I dont have a solar meter to read the out put so I always change mine out in 10-11 months --- brumation should not go any longer than 3 months

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom