Bearded dragon acting lazy and not eating

K.E.W.T

My bearded dragon isn’t interested in any good today, except baby applesauce. She is acting very lazy and hasn’t moved from her spot all day! I gave her her greens this morning as usual and put in a super worm and she has zero interest in it (usually she is gung-ho for them!) right now she is sitting on her pillow infront of the window as I move her in the afternoons to give her a different view, it just started today but I have noticed her slowing down over the last week. She is still alert just not wanting to eat today… could she potentially be going into burmation?

K.E.W.T

Original Poster
She ate one super worm this morning and now her beard looks swollen! I didn’t really notice it before but I really noticed it today! I am not close to any reptile vets as I am pretty rural where I am! Is there anything I can give her to help with swelling

K.E.W.T

Original Poster
She drank water and will eat the baby purée I got for her but will completely ignore the super worms or if they get close to her she closes her eyes like she’s stressed about them!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is she a Dunner? Dunners are known to hold food in their throats. Also try offering other feeders, they get bored sith their food.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I’m not sure what that is or how to tell if she is one?
Can you post a pic of her chin from underneath and her tail from above? Dunner is a scale mutation, instead of being uniform the belly and chin scales are haphazard, they are more rangey looking. It also breaks up the chevrons on their tails. The tails can even be spotted with Dunners. (Also they have bigger feet). It's a cool morph 🙂

K.E.W.T

Original Poster
Can you post a pic of her chin from underneath and her tail from above? Dunner is a scale mutation, instead of being uniform the belly and chin scales are haphazard, they are more rangey looking. It also breaks up the chevrons on their tails. The tails can even be spotted with Dunners. (Also they have bigger feet). It's a cool morph 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_6126.jpeg
    IMG_6126.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6127.jpeg
    IMG_6127.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 41

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Ok, not a Dunner. Still may be holding food though. My big male does it with water most times, oddly neither of my actual Dunners do it.

K.E.W.T

Original Poster
She is only taking baby purée this morning. Im going to try wax or horn worms tonight to see if it’s because it’s soft food

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I'm berting she can't resist the hornworms 😉😁

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
How long does brumation generally last?
Our beardie started acting lethargic like a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't seem very interested in and food. Seems like he just wants to Hull up under his bridge not close to his UVB. His set up got changed about a week before he started acting this way, his perch wasn't under the UVB like it should be so I thought that was the issue then the bulb burned out. Got it all set up the way it needs to be and not so much the problem.
So I am just wondering how many weeks that can carry on?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom