Beard green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there guys, I've had my bearded dragon Zeus for about 4 months now. He's about 6 - 7 months old I believe and is 11 inches long. He's been healthy and happy, being fed crickets and greenery regularly with a ferocious appetite. (Zucchini and Romaine lettuce mainly, though not too much of the romaine) Along with those pellets soaked in water for a while occasionally. His basking temperature is kept at 105-110F. I have a florescent UVB light, not sure about the specifics about the bulb. (Don't remember since I got it) I dusted his crickets once a day, but I've dropped it down lately to 5 times a week because I read that was better for him. He's in a 55 gallon tank. His lights are on 14 hours and off 10.

I have a few questions if you guys don't mind,

1. Is it possible to give a bearded dragon too much UVB?

And 2. Zeus has recently gotten a shade of green on his beard. It's also on the sides of his belly where the spikes are and on his arms, like it's just part of his color. He's this color of green when he's freshly shed, and he's about due for a shed so I figured it was probably because of this. But I'm not sure. It just recently started.

Zeus has also shown symptoms of dehydration, so I've been giving him baths more frequently during the week and giving him water through a dropper. His urate was pretty yellow, but since I've been giving him more baths and water through a dropper (and really wetting the crap out of his greens) his urate has gotten more white, but still has a bit of yellow in it. Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom