Beaded Dragon Stroke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

11ofclubs

My Bearded Dragon (Luna, Female) almost two years old now just had this sort of episode about 5 minutes ago. I was sitting on my couch and heard her running around in her cage. When I went to check it out she was going insane. She was running around her cage not bearding but with her mouth wide open. She sort of got her foot caught on a log in her cage and twister herself almost upside down. She then ran over to the front of the cage and sat there with her head cocked at an angle with this terrified look in her eye. I went to pick her up and she bearded and gaped her mouth for a solid minute. She then returned to what appears to be normal.
(note) She recently had surgery maybe 2-3 months ago on her cheek. There was this sort of tumor that was keeping her from eating. Due to this she grew very thin and weak. She is on the road to recovery but still very skinny. She sort of looks like she is stuck in that juvenile phase where her head looks too big for her body but she is almost her full size (if that makes any sense).

1. What happened
2. How do I prevent it.
3. Do I take her to my vet immediately tomorrow? Or is she going to be OK.
Sorry for any spelling/grammar errors. The sooner I post this the better so I apologize in advance.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
If I were you I would try to call the vet that did the surgery tomorrow and get his opinion. That would have scared me so bad!!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long did the attack last? It sounds like something scared her more than a seizure type of issue.
Can you review your tank setup with us such as the type & brand of UVB, as well as the temperatures too.
Are you using a digital probe or temp gun to measure the temperatures.
Something could have scared her, I agree. Is her tank beside a window?
Is she doing ok, is her ankle injured?

Tracie

11ofclubs

Original Poster
Her temp floats at around 100 at the warm end and about 82 at the cool end. She is by a window that leads onto a deck, but there is another unused large reptile tank in the way; she cannot see past or through this tank. I live in Vermont so maybe a leaf went in between the window and the tank? It was at night though so visibility was limited. Her freak out lasted maybe one minute and thirty seconds. Her ankle is fine and the light is a repti glo 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom