BD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cry: is it normal that he poops so rareley. last time he pooped was last week and he only poops once a week now...sometimes longer :cry: hes eating plenty of meal worms :p but wont eat her greens :cry: i make sure i give her plenty of water too :p and make sure i give her a bath every month? How do i cure these ailments... :cry:

NeedleDragon

Original Poster
Ok ill try that but what bout my beardie not eating her greens? and is meal worms apprpriate for a 8 or 9 month old beardie?

honpup

well meal worms arnt the best things to be giving them! But you could put some on her salad to get her to eat some greens! crickets and locust are better meal worms do block them up stopping them from pooing! I dont have trouble with that and mine is on super worms locust and crickets!

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
I know that meal worms are the cheapest thing to buy to feed your beardie but they are not very nutritious and are mostly hard shells with little inside. You can get crickets or other worms online for way cheaper than the pet store. If you buy them in bulk they are the cheapest. You can get 1000 crickets for only 20 dollars from http://lllreptile.com/ that may seem like a lot but if you have a young dragon they should be eating anywhere from 30-90 crickets a day! so if you do that math that is only around 2 weeks of food. Do you dust your mealworms with calcium or a multi-vitamin?

Phoenix worms are also cheap and very healthy for your beardie http://www.phoenixworm.com/servlet/StoreFront

check out http://mulberryfarms.com/ for butterworms, silkworms or hornworms (if you have an older beardie)

Also make sure to feed things like butternut squash, collard greens, mustard greens or turnip greens. these can all be found at any large grocery store.

NeedleDragon

Original Poster
Ty alot. so ur saying meal worms stop him from pooing cause ive been worrying about his poo. how much are pheinix worms and how much are super worms.and ty alot but should i feed my 9 month old beardie super worms or pheonix worms. :banghead: :banghead:

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Try Phoenix worms. Super worms are probably too big. If you go to the PW website it will tell you how much they are for the amount that you want. Start off with a small amount incase he dosnt like them. Get the medium sized ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom