bathing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracoowner

he guys, ive had draco nearly 4 weeks now and weve bthed him 3 time but im starting to think that he needs to be bthed more. the shop told us to have the water warm, up to his stomach and that he should lie on his stomach and drink the water. also that he only needs a bath once a week. he hasnt done the drinking water thing, but last time he did lie flat. the other times he kept jumping out. how often should i bath him and what should he do when hes in the water?

GlaedrAg

Hatchling Member
From what I've read you should give your beardie a bath once a day so they can stay properly hydrated. When they are in the water they can do a variety of things. I've heard of some just floating there while others swim around. My beardie will usually just start by sitting still then, eventually, begin to swim around the water. I leave Sherlock in the bath for about 15-20 minutes before taking him out and returning him to his enclosure.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Bathing your beardie daily or every other day is encoraged. It helps make sure they are hydrated.
My beardie will only drink from her baths, so she gets one daily.

Behaviour in the bath will vary from dragon to dragon.
My little one likes bathing in a casserole dish because she can get out if she gets stressed, and hates the bath.
Whereas many other dragons appriciate the large tub because they enjoy swimming.
Each to their own!

Im sure you will be able to tell what your little on preferes.

It's also good to note that they don't have to drink from the bath to be properly hydrated... they will absorb water from their "vent" while in the bath. Dexter is still a small beardie (approx 3 mos & approx 8 inches) so I use a small plastic tub (I think it's a 10 quart) - we call it the swimming pool - with about 1 1/2 inches of warm water in it. This gives him plenty of room to swim about, but not so large that he would feel overwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom