Bathing???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I attempted to give my beardie a bath. I had the water running and when I placed him/her (still unsure of sex at this point) under the water, it started to run and it's back went flat. It happened so quick but it was enough to scare the bejesus out of me and I stopped immediately. What did I do wrong? How should I bathe my beardie? Am I using soap or is it more of a rinse? I am scared to proceed at this point. Please help!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
You terrified your beardie.

The sound of the running tap is culprit.

If you insist on bathing your beardie, quite unnecessary ( see * ), the prepare a shallow luke warm (about 34degCelsius) bath and slowly lower beardie into the water. No deeper than it's the side fringes, this way beardie will be able to feel the bottom at all times and wont freak out.

* bath beardie only as needed if
---- it's soiled itself
---- if it's too hot (to help it cool off)
---- if it's got a problem with shedding
---- if it's got an open injury that requires a dilute butadiene soak
---- if it's moderately impacted (with gentle belly massage)

Note beardies will not absorb water through their skin or via their cloaca (bum). Only way bathing a beardie will hydrate it is if it drinks some of the water.

ReptileMistress

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2vumc3cd said:
You terrified your beardie.

The sound of the running tap is culprit.

If you insist on bathing your beardie, quite unnecessary ( see * ), the prepare a shallow luke warm (about 34degCelsius) bath and slowly lower beardie into the water. No deeper than it's the side fringes, this way beardie will be able to feel the bottom at all times and wont freak out.

* bath beardie only as needed if
---- it's soiled itself
---- if it's too hot (to help it cool off)
---- if it's got a problem with shedding
---- if it's got an open injury that requires a dilute butadiene soak
---- if it's moderately impacted (with gentle belly massage)

Note beardies will not absorb water through their skin or via their cloaca (bum). Only way bathing a beardie will hydrate it is if it drinks some of the water.

Thank you. We were both traumatized by this experience. And that's great, cuz I didn't think he needed a bath. I was just trying to bond with my beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom