Bathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenMac

Good Afternoon!

I just got my beardie last week. He is almost two months old... I bathe him in lukewarm water every morning, but I am wondering how long I should bathe him for. He doesn't drink water from a dish so I want to be sure to properly hydrate him. Right now I put him in about an inch of water and only let him sit in there for about 5 minutes because I had read that too much water leads to a too humid surrounding.

How long should I bathe him?
How deep of water?
How often?

Thank you!

Jen

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hello.
Young beardies bathing every other day to every day is good. About 20 minuntes in baby bath temp water, about up to the beardies elbows.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
You can bathe a beardie in luke warm water up to their armpits for 20 mins this keeps them hydrated. Everyone does this diffrently I give all my beardies baths everyday time frames are diffrent. Babys get them everyday for 10 mins due to the higher basking temps. Older ones get 20 mins soaking time 3 days a week. The older ones get a bath every morning intill they poo which isnt long usually 2 to 5 mins.They poo in the water that means they dont poo in their vivs if your lucky. One of mine will not poo in his viv he will hold it intill you bathe him. Babys eat so much that they can poo up to 3 to 4 times a day so this wont work intill they hit about 4 to 6 months or intill you notice that they are only going once a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom