Bathing tips for baby bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually clean my dragon in a plastic tub with his stone in it. The water is warm and never exceeds past his shoulders. I've heard that dragons love warm baths but mine seems to dislike it. He always surfs on the side of the tub trying to escape the water and once he even jumped out. I've had him for about 3 weeks and he does it continuously. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
PS- The water is not hot at all. It is room temp. but a bit warmer.

Buddysfam

Just give it time... If he's really little he's just not used to them yet. Once our guy learned he could float and swim, you couldnt keep him out of the tub! As soon as he hears water running he gets excited! Keep giving him baths and he'll learn to love it...

unkempt1

Juvie Member
Buddysfam":1wnpxqad said:
Just give it time... If he's really little he's just not used to them yet. Once our guy learned he could float and swim, you couldnt keep him out of the tub! As soon as he hears water running he gets excited! Keep giving him baths and he'll learn to love it...

Agreed. But even after my dragon came to love baths, every now and then she still hates them. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom