Bathing Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinB

It never fails. Every time I give Zeke a bath, he poops in the water. Then I have to drain the water and clean out the poop, clean the tub and put more water in. Makes it so much harder to give him a bath. He never does it near the end of the bath either, it's always after the first two or three minutes that he's in there. Why does he do this? :?:

JDWright

The water stimulates BDs to eliminate. A lot of owners encourage this since it means they never have to clean feces from the cage. I would encourage you to bath him in something other than your bathtub to avoid the risk of sharing sickness, or you should disinfect your bath after you do it. I know lots of people treat them like their little puppies, but there are risks. Just my opinion.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I always bathe Bogie in the tub and he does the same thing. Run the water rather shallow at first and keep him near the plug till he does his thing. It really is easier than scrubbing the tank. I clean my tub before bathing the kids anyway so it's no extra on me. :D And the smell is minimal. Sooo... Don't worry, Be Happy! :lol:

Sandy H

ErinB

Original Poster
JDWright":523c7 said:
I would encourage you to bath him in something other than your bathtub to avoid the risk of sharing sickness, or you should disinfect your bath after you do it. I know lots of people treat them like their little puppies, but there are risks. Just my opinion.

It's either that or the kitchen sink, which I think would be even worse. I'm aware of the risks. I always clean out the bathtub with bleach when I am finished giving him a bath.

JDWright

That's really responsible of you. I just wouldn't like to have to do that every time. I use a shallow Rubbermaid.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
What about using two rubbermaid containers. Fill the first, let him poop. Have the second one on stand by already filled with water and transfer him after poop. Just an idea !!!

Luckily, mine takes a shower. When she poops it goes right down the drain. I love it !!! :D

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom