Bathing, And dead, or loose skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKeeper4787

Original Poster
Hello, I just got a new bearded dragon from someone who didn't know a lot about them. The past 2 days were fine but i noticed he had a ton of this dead skin kinda. So I bathed him in room temperature water for 5-6 minuets (he was very stressed and tried escaping every 15 seconds.) and then peeled the skin off. He had no problem at first but when I went near his legs he tried biting me. His beard has been black for the last 15 minuets and hates his reflection. What can I do?

Ps: he doesn't like to eat when he sees his reflection, and head bobs at it. I fed him mealworms and crickets. The pictures aren't the best because i took them on my laptop, sorry!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-08 154031.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-08 154031.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot 2022-01-08 154151.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-08 154151.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 107

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, I just got a new bearded dragon from someone who didn't know a lot about them. The past 2 days were fine but i noticed he had a ton of this dead skin kinda. So I bathed him in room temperature water for 5-6 minuets (he was very stressed and tried escaping every 15 seconds.) and then peeled the skin off. He had no problem at first but when I went near his legs he tried biting me. His beard has been black for the last 15 minuets and hates his reflection. What can I do?

Ps: he doesn't like to eat when he sees his reflection, and head bobs at it. I fed him mealworms and crickets. The pictures aren't the best because i took them on my laptop, sorry!
Any bleeding from the shed coming off? Crickets are good staple feeder- please offer fresh salads like mustard or kale or collard or turnip greens and his lighting uvb are you using a coil or tube fixture? Basking temps they should be 95-100 taken w a digital probe thermometer-you want surface temps not air-or ambient place the probe on the spot where he sits to bask 10 min get the temp

DragonKeeper4787

Original Poster
Any bleeding from the shed coming off? Crickets are good staple feeder- please offer fresh salads like mustard or kale or collard or turnip greens and his lighting uvb are you using a coil or tube fixture? Basking temps they should be 95-100 taken w a digital probe thermometer-you want surface temps not air-or ambient place the probe on the spot where he sits to bask 10 min get the temp
No bleeding thankfully, I’m no science guy but I’ll take pictures of the bulb. I’ve been feeding him lettuce, blueberries, and yesterday a few bananas. I gave him meal worms as a treat. I took a picture of the thermometer in my frog cage because the one in my bearded cage is basically that one but a bit worse

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 74

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No bleeding thankfully, I’m no science guy but I’ll take pictures of the bulb. I’ve been feeding him lettuce, blueberries, and yesterday a few bananas. I gave him meal worms as a treat. I took a picture of the thermometer in my frog cage because the one in my bearded cage is basically that one but a bit worse
Ok that bulb is a clear bright white basking bulb? Do you have a uvb?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okok I'll get on that right away.

The first one is from a lab in my high school
So please look on the bulb for basking it will tell you brand and bulb I can post links for the uvb so you get the right one there are certain brands that are good plus they have certain distance and placement depending on the screen

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hey, Can you tell me which reptisun lamp I should buy? I found 2 different designs.

View attachment 66620 View attachment 66621
For a 40+ gallon tank you would need the 24" fixture Zoo Med I see they have the 34" I would a 24"or a 30" --
they come w/ a 5.0 bulb you want a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 both fixtures hold the 22"
DO NOT get a coil bulb
I see the website is cheaper that you posted but that is for a 34" -- you dont want the fixture so long he cant get out of the UVB rays - I am using a 24" fixture that seems to work fine in my 4x2x2 tank -
are you upgrading the UVB that you have now? Or are you looking for a basking bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom