Bath time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday we gave little Harvey his first bath. Oh my, was it funny. He didn't seem to enjoy it much. He just swam around in the water trying to jump out. Then he just stood in the water and 'death glared' at us.
Yesturday was bath #2. It was more successful. My boyfriend sat him on his and and calmly talked to him as he puttered him around in the water like a toy boat! He seemed to enjoy it a bit more and was a lot more curious. Suddenly, Harvey ran up my boyfriends arm, sat there for a minute, then looked straight up at him and my boyfriend knew that look in his eye. :shock: First came the pee, then the poop! :lol: I was laughing so hard. So I guess Harvey really did love his bath time!

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
haha we've had a couple of those incidents!!

i'm glad your beardie is starting to like the bath!! a lot of people have "trained their beardies" to poop only in the tub! saves a lot of mess!

harveybeardface

Original Poster
melvyn":541ef said:
how often do you have to bath a beardy ours is three months old

Ours is almost 6 months, and he just had his first bath this week. Some people do it everyday to help them poop or shed. So it just depends. Not all beardies take too kind of it, though.

jharris08

Juvie Member
the more often you bathe them, the more calm they seem to be. One suggestion to help them is to put the dragon in the tub first before filling it up with water. As the water slowly comes up they seem to not freak out like when you just drop them in a few inches of standing water.

Dragonblade

thats hilarious. My beardies are pretty calm in the water but both of them freak out on the trip there. Neither of them like to be handled much, not sure what i am doing wrong there.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
We do poop baths in the morning - i.e. get put in there long enough to poop and then in the afternoon take a little longer poop baths. I hate cleaning it out of the viv. I think it helps them stay really hydrated that way.

I think him crawling up on the arm to poop is priceless! He didn't want to dirty his water!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom