Bath time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shimmeriing

Hatchling Member
SO Jasper had his first bath today. I don't think the previous owners ever gave him a bath, and quite frankly he's stinky. He did not like it, and his beard turned all black. I felt horrible, he seemed very frightened. He seemed to drink some, but then freaked out and kept trying to get out.
How soon should I try again? or should I even try?
And why do they poop in the bath?

Hi there!! Great job on the first bath! I am a new beardie mom so my experiences and knowledge is limited, but everyday is an adventure and I'm loving every minute I get with my lil girl! I'm not sure why they poop in their bath water? Mine hasn't done that yet, but we still keep bathing her. My personal experience with first bath was crazy! She dunked her head under water and lapped eagerly... then tried swiming around. Every bath since then, she didn't drink or swim...just kinda sat there and then tried to get out after a few minutes. I would say yes, to keep trying... from what I have read, a bath is a good thing and even if they don't enjoy it, the benefits outweight the few minutes of displeasure. (I think of it kinda like medicine. Unless your lil one REALLY gets stressed out and then the benefits probably wouldn't outweigh the high stress level.) But don't take my word for it... there are a lot of GREAT other beardie owners that are so knowledgable and they could probably give you a better idea. :) Great job being a great beardie parent! :D

LJean

Extreme Poster
Oscar hates a bath, but I do it anyway, LOL He doesn't get one as often as Calypso. She loves a bath and likes to swim.

I don't know why they poo in the bath. Maybe the extra water and warmth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom