Bath soap

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For really "tough" dragon cleaning jobs, what are everyones thoughts on using a small amount of soap in the bath? I picked up a small bottle of Dr. Bronner's unscented baby-mild soap today and think it may help loosen some of the gunk if used sparingly in the bath. It's pretty good stuff, all natural, edible, not as harsh as the peppermint version. Ingredients: Water, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Hemp Oil, Jojoba Oil, Citric Acid, and Tocopherol. Planning to give it a try tomorrow and will report back with my findings. Does anyone else have experience using soaps or other agents to clean a well soiled dragon?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't see the harm in using safe soap for bathing them. I have seen a couple of threads on using that type of soap, or castille soap, etc.
I know that it should definitely help out with getting any dirt & grime off of them. Let us know how things go with it!

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
So far so good. Tried just a few drops today and it didn't seem to bother him at all. He's been in the tub for 30 min and counting. It helped pull a little more greasy gunk off of him. May try adding a few more drops tomorrow as needed. Seems to work pretty well =)

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
I am going to get some today! My new rescue Toki has some retained shed and lots of dirt build up on her. When I first got her, she smelled horrible. She is purple underneath due to the purple sand she was on. I know she has orange coloring underneath that purple and can't wait for her to look normal!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Let me know how it goes for you. I am going to continue using it for a while until some of the old sheds are clear and all of the stuck dirt/sand is off, then just to regular warm water baths again.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
I couldn't find in the stores I went to today. After some digging online, I found a local health/vitamin store that carries it. Will definitely be going tomorrow to get some.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
I have been bathing Toki daily with 2-3 drops of the soap. She smells a whole lot better and I can see her colors coming through the purple stains. Her beard and belly are still pretty dark, but the soap has helped a lot.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I'm glad to hear it's working! I used it for a few days and it worked very well. Just using plain water now as he's pretty clean except after mealtime. Likes to run around the house with babyfood face and put his nose on as much as he can until I catch up with him. Only thing I want to focus on bath wise now is getting the femoral pores unclogged and I figure that will take time more than anything. Haven't seen any ill effects from the soap at all so I'll call it a success.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I use a pure castile soap on my two when they get dirty from walking in poop if I don't notice it right away. Generally they go in the bath but will sometimes go in their house. I have used it on Emily for 2 years with no ill effects. I avoid the head with it though, don't want it in their eyes, nose or mouth. I do get under the neck though. They don't seem to mind being all sudsy till they are clean and rinsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom