Basking temp. Ambient or surface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colesdad

It maybe a silly question but.... We just got a 3 week old Dragon two days ago, for my son, but mostly for me, lol. We went back to pet smart to bu the"right" things (we all know how ignorant the employees can be!). I know the deal with everything, but the temp question stumps me. I know the cool side/hot side and I know theres is a little difference in temp for youths and adults. So, here goes my question... The temp on the surface of his basking spot is 101 (i know its a little low, we are working betty hard to get it perfect) but the ambient air temp is about 88.6. Is this a big deal?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your temps are OK. I would try to get the basking surface up another 2-5 or so degrees if it isn't too much hassle.

When measuring the basking temp you want the surface temp, read with either a digital with probe end lying on the spot or a temp gun.

What are you measuring ambient temperature with?

-Brandon

Colesdad

Original Poster
I have the probe-type thermometer. I suspended the probe about 2 inches above his basking spot to check the ambient temp, and I layed it directly on his spot to check surface temp. Thanks so much for your response , much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom