Basking Spot Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

clearcreeklabs

Hi all,

I'm a relatively new beardie owner. I have a 5 1/2 month male beardie. He's in a 50 gallon tank which I bought used with beardie accessories. My biggest question is regarding lighting. I have a 100W Powersun bulb. But, I've read on here they need to be 12 inches from the dragon. Now that I've done that there isn't a basking spot with a high enough temp for him. So, will a 100W Sun Glo bulb be sufficient for basking only? My understanding is the MVB bulb provides enough UVB that he's good there but I need something to provide a temp of 100-105 in his basking spot. The guy at the reptile store said this was a good choice. Any opinons? Thanks!

npedersen

Hatchling Member
Any white light bulb will work, household reflector whatever to increase temps. Just put another fixture and bulb with the Powersun

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Agreed - if all you need is more heat, use a regular lightbulb or a halogen flood light. No need to pay more for a petstore "heat bulb" when all you need is a bulb that puts off bright clear light and a bit of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom