Basking spot question

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I ordered a brand new basking dome/fixture and will be here in 2 days but in till then I am using a deep deep dome. My question is is that the temp slowly climbs to 95+ with a low watt bulb BUT if I put a high watt bulb it climbs up to 110+. My beardie in question seems to adore that high wattage bulb rather than the slow climbing wattage bulb. Is it ok to let her sit and bask under the higher wattage bulb and watch her to see her behavior even though it's HOT?

As I said i bought a brand new dome and new bulbs also that should do the job but won't be here till Sunday

During the day (winter) her enclosure is around 95+-105+ degrees and at night around 70-75 degrees with no heat

(She is almost 5 and both of my beardies are in brumation and hit or miss with eating)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
As long as she bask, and as long as she has multiple levels she will pick what she likes best. They know better what they need than we do.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
As long as she bask, and as long as she has multiple levels she will pick what she likes best. They know better what they need than we do.
Ok as I said I have a new dome fixture coming Sunday

I normally put a towel over my beardies enclosures to keep them warm at night and to keep dust/light out. I was able to get the temp under 110 by removing the towels so I'm going to try a light fleece blanket/cloth. Something light and not thick so it can let heat escape during the day then cover them at night like usual

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My name is Faith
Top Bottom