Basking bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
What wattage, size, type basking bulb do you use and in what size terrarium?
I have used the 65 watt flood lamp in a 36 x 18 x 18, and it's just about right, but could be warmer. I have also used a 150 watt bulb and it could be just a bit cooler.

Tell me what you use!!?? :study:

Jmaj

Zoo Med 75 watt. They work pretty good. When the home thermostat set at 73. I get a discount on them that’s the only reason why I use them. Decade bulbs work nice to. 60 watts

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
You could go with a higher watt bulb. If it's a halogen, you could put it on a dimmer to tune it down to the proper temp.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've been using Incadecent. Not sure if I spelled that right are halogen available in stores like Walmart?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
TracyMarie":mly5j1do said:
I have used the 65 watt flood lamp in a 36 x 18 x 18, and it's just about right, but could be warmer. I have also used a 150 watt bulb and it could be just a bit cooler.

If the 150W is too warm, put it on a circuit with a dimmer or even better a dimming thermostat.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3fzb9xvt said:
TracyMarie":3fzb9xvt said:

If the 150W is too warm, put it on a circuit with a dimmer or even better a dimming thermostat.

What kind of dimmer would you suggest. I use a zoo med power strip that is a timer. I'm wondering if the dimmer would block a plug-in on the power strip.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I ordered a Zilla Reptile Halogen Mini dome and a 50 watt Halogen bulb for the dome. It looks like this might be my answer, and make life a lot easer.

All the reviews are from people with my issue of having difficulty getting the temps just right.

Is there a reason that not everyone has switched over to this smaller energy saving solution??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom