Basking bulb help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I have a young beardie he is about 4 months old. I have a 20 gallon tank (upgrading soon) with astroturf, a basking spot and a reptisun uvb light. I have tried so many basking bulbs and they are all either too hot or too cold. I have thermostats. I have tried halogens floodlights and the reptile basking bulbs. I have tried many different wattages in all three types. They are all either not hot enough on the highest setting or too hot on the lowest! I am getting very frustrated. What is your preferred basking light? Help please !

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use either a PAR38 halogen flood light or a ZooMed ReptiBasking 150w in my enclosure (36x18x18). The trick is that I have it on an adjustable lamp stand so I can easily raise and lower it to get the correct temps.

I agree with CooperDragon. I was having a lot of difficulty too, either too hot or not hot enough. I bought and returned so many bulbs! Then I found a light dome with a dimmer switch...problem solved! I got a thermometer with a probe and was able to dial in his basking spot to the perfect temperature. Draco seems very happy with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom