basking bulb...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstevo

Dear all BD lovers,

Today my basking bulb burned out and I'm unable to get another one. I went to the local supermarket looking for a spot lamp bulb with no luck. Its saturday night nearly 10 pm andd I worry. Tomorrow the local lighting store is open could I go there and what should I ask for? There are no pet stores with reptile bulbs in the area. Ideas anyone please?

Best wishes,
Steve

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there Steve,

Contrary to popular belief, you actually DON'T need to use a specialty reptile bulb for your basking bulb. Regular household bright white incandescents/hallogens do the exact same thing, besides hurt your wallet. :D

As long as the bulb is a bright white, and gets you the temperatures you need, its a suitable basking bulb. (excluding CFL's and LED's)

-Brandon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moved here from General Discussion forum.

Brandon summed it up for you very nicely and told you exactly what you can do to get your problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom