Barb's baby: Cap'n!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
How did everything work out? If you weren't able to ship him today, just remember everything happens for a reason (or at least I firmly believe so).

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sorry eveyone I got a bit depressed yesterday when the bank card didn't show up and ended up dozing off....therefore didn't keep my promise to post pic's even though I'd already uploaded them. :(
No no Cap'n didn't go out :cry: he's still here. James and Trish I'm sorry I know you were looking
forward to having a Thanksgiving baby. And Trish I did give him and will continue to give him extra
snuggles for you. He's such a little sweetie. Anyhow here are some pic's for now.

I'm gonna get you cricket!
DSC05279.jpg

Gotcha!
DSC05278.jpg

More please!
DSC05288.jpg

Where did that cricket go?
DSC05280.jpg

There he is!
DSC05289.jpg

Waiting on a bath....
DSC05206.jpg

just remember everything happens for a reason
That's what I keep trying to tell myself Sara. That or I must have done something wrong. :roll:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
i wasnt going 2 say this but i would have worried he'd get stuck somewhere bc of the holiday chaos. this really is for the best. it happened 4 a reason

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Thanks Sara I didn't think of it that way. Plus the day before a Holiday off many employees tend to slack a little because they just don't want to be a work...they are so anticipating that day off. Good point Sara. :wink:

supertrisha

Juvie Member
Original Poster
How's my little turkey today? Sorry to hear you didn't get the bank card today :( It's a good thing you didn't ship him last night-- it got sooooooo cold! As excited as I am to get him, I didn't want to end up with a beardie-cicle! Did you know the little boogers could blackbeard in their sleep?? I woke up and Dragon was angry because I didn't cover him up.... never mind the two-inch thick bed he slept on... I tell you, I can never please that one :)

Oh! And Cap'n has a theme song! It's the Veggie Tales song "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" sung by Relient K. Greatest song ever!

"'Cuz we're the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything!
We just stay at home and lie around.
And if you ask us to do anything,
we'll just tell you... We don't do anything!"

Does that sound like a beardie, or what? Hehehe I have that song on my phone and was just listening to it... it makes me smile :)

fresnowitte":72197 said:
just remember everything happens for a reason
That's what I keep trying to tell myself Sara. That or I must have done something wrong. :roll:

Sara- you're right. No beardie-cicles here. Barb-- What could you possibly have done wrong? I tell you, I'm not upset- I promise! Now, if I would have found out that you threw a party with pumpkin martinis and didn't invite me, then I would be upset. If you would have flown to Florida to visit Bligg and not stopped to see me, then I would be upset. Waiting a few extra days to ship Cap'n- no problem :) At least it gave me an extra day to find butternut squash and crack into the can of pumpkin- wahoo for baby food! Thanks for the pic- he's so big!!! Bugs and snuggles to your clan... Hope to hear from you soon!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Gee Barbara, so sorry to read about Frank having his wallet stolen, that's terrible. :eek: Hope you can get things straightened out soon. No, you guys did nothing wrong.

It does seem like not shipping Cap'n happened for a reason though. He is such a cutey pie and he has his mom's eyes too. :D Trish, you must be getting so excited and you don't have to worry about him having any relocation stress, none of the babies on this forum had that at all.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Ew, the picture where he is murdering the cricket with his razor teeth is not what i want to see first thing in the morning hahaha. You can even see it's bent at a 90* angle, antennae hanging out the side, and a leg in the front. At least he is enjoying his nom noms.

supertrisha

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the cute turkey, Barb! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Were you brave enough to go shopping today? James and I celebrated with my mom's extended family and then came home and wrapped presents. Can you believe I'm almost done with Christmas shopping already? :blob8: Wahoo! Were any of your babies awake yesterday? Dragon climbed up onto his basking spot and took a bath... silly boy went right back to sleep after all that excitement! Hope all is well on your end of the world :) Talk to you soon!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Trish we couldn't go shopping on Black Friday because we had no plastic. :(
That's okay because I was tired from Thanksgiving anyway.

:blob8: :blob8: :blob8: Cap'n sets sail this evening! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:

supertrisha

Juvie Member
Original Poster
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: Cap'n sets sail this evening! :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: I AM So EXCITED!!!

So, I cornered the UPS guy today and he said he gets into my town at around 11:00, and will be driving my route tomorrow. I asked him to be sure that someone was home when he delivered Cap'n, and he said if no one was home, he would bring Cap'n to work for me!!! How sweet!! He will be here between 11 and 12 tomorrow. I have to be at work at 11:30. AHH! It's good to know James will be home, and if UPS man doesn't get his attention, Cap'n will come to me. When I told James, he laughed and said he would be sitting on the front porch waiting. What a goof! Less than 22 hours until I have my little one! It's been a loooong two months!

(just a question to the moms out there... If i am so excited and anxious about a baby beardie and only having to wait two months, how in the world will I be able to wait nine months when I have a biped baby!!?!?!?)

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
YEEESSSS! Ahoy matey! You better have pictures up the millisecond he arrives :lol: At least when you're pregnant you are actually with the baby for the 9 months instead of wondering. I can't wait have a wee little baby either! But i'm too young to be thinking about babies. Must not be overcome by the cuteness. Must not be overcome by the cuteness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aleyna
Top Bottom