Banded Crickets?

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Considering banded crickets from Josh's Frogs.
I would like to know if these are a feeder that is a good idea for Maya. I did feed him the Acheta Domesticus cricket when he was a baby and juvenile, but then he contracted pinworms from those crickets. So, I switched him to Dubia roaches. Hearing all the benefits of them. Now, he cannot eat them due to the high uric acid in them.
I'm wondering about the Banded Crickets and whether they have a high uric acid rate in them.
I do want him to have a variety of protein. But, I don't want him to become ill from a bad choice.

Since he's 9 years old, he's slowly leaning towards his greens more often. But, I'm sure he would love to have some insects. I don't know if he'll be able to chase them down yet.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Banded crickets are superior to others, they live longer and are supposedly cleaner (of parasites and such).

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Personally i HATE crickets they are the most bothersome creatures to ever exist lol. I'm pretty sure they were put on this earth to torment poor beardie keepers.
But i did have better luck keeping the banded ones alive though. When i finally (crossing my fingers) start having hatchlings the banded is what i will buy.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Personally i HATE crickets they are the most bothersome creatures to ever exist lol. I'm pretty sure they were put on this earth to torment poor beardie keepers.
But i did have better luck keeping the banded ones alive though. When i finally (crossing my fingers) start having hatchlings the banded is what i will buy.
I don't like them either. They used to keep me awake all night with their chirping. I stored them in my bedroom.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Man i feel for ya. I guess i would have a butt load of 1 legged crickets lol 😆

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lol. One legged crickets. I'll probably have to hand feed them all to the goofball who's all sprawled out on his pillow bed. He seemed to be uncomfortable on me tonight because I was wearing something annoying to him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom