Bad hornworm??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexiegirl

Ok, somebody please put my mind at ease. I just fed my beardie a hornworm (3rd one since I've had them). I have had the hornworms for a week and only feed them every other day. Well, they ran out of food 2 days ago (the worms) and I didn't think anything of it because I was going to try to finish them off pretty quick. Well when I feed them to my lizards I have to cut them in half (gross I know, but they grew too quick) in order to feed them to my guys. Well, when I cut them two days ago, the juice was clear and fine. Well, when I cut them today I went ahead and fed the worm and the juice that came out of the worm had turned from clear to grey/black in color AFTER I fed the worm or I wouldn't have fed it. I just want to make sure that my baby is going to be ok... What would cause that and is it something that can hurt my beardie?? The worm itself was still green, a little lighter in color on the head but that was all. My beardie is acting ok right now, I just want to know that he will be ok!! Thank You!

Yes, they go from gross with clear fluid to grosser w/darker fluid when they're older fat and chunky hornworms...You're beardie will be okay...

lexiegirl

Original Poster
Thank You everyone! This was my first time feeding hornworms, so it really freaked me out because I had not read anything about that before lol! Now if I could just get them to eat their veges.....

lexiegirl":ka67u5wy said:
Thank You everyone! This was my first time feeding hornworms, so it really freaked me out because I had not read anything about that before lol! Now if I could just get them to eat their veges.....

LOL...Amen there!!! Let me know when you find out the trick... :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom