Bad Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

xebo

Every morning Eddie starts tapping on the glass of his viv to get out so he can run around the room for a bit before he crashes out on his log for the rest of the day to bask, this morning I let him out and he was running around as normal and he tried to climb onto a pile of christmas presents whilst I was getting changed. I turned to look just as he fell off bringing the pile down with him. Fortunately they are not heavy but he landed on his back, panicked and puffed himself up as he was trying to get the right way around. I obviously ran to him to help. He didn't move, he just looked at me so I put my hand out and he crawled onto it so I gave him a cuddle and put him back in his viv. He hasn't moved at all since. I'm really worried about him and I can't get him to a vet to have him looked over. I'm so worried that it's going to be worse than it looks. Does anyone have any advice? Am I over reacting??

Thanks

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Does he have a black beard? I had a bit of a scare with my girl the other day and threw a worm for her to "fetch" to make sure she could move everything okay (she was fine and quickly went back to her usual adventures)

xebo

Original Poster
he doesn't have one now but he did. He's just sat in his viv in the same place but looking at me as if he wants something. I tried feeding him but he wouldn't touch his crickets or veg. =[

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

At the moment, all you can do until you take him to the vet if you do, is to observe him. He is most likely just shocked at what happened & it sometimes takes them awhile to get back to normal.
Since his beard is not black, he probably is uninjured. I would try to get him out of his tank again, to see if he would walk or run around so you can observe his positioning.
What is his favorite food?

Tracie

Livey

Extreme Poster
Hi :)
I have had one terrible experience with a fall, and i got him to the vets right away
IT helped,
He might just be in shock from the fall.
There are tones of good vets in leeds, just look them up :) x

xebo

Original Poster
hey, thanks guys. Yeah we took him to the vets today and they said he was fine and that I was worrying too much lol. But I'm a nervous parent, I can't help myself lol.
He's been out today running around happy as larry so he must be back to normal =]
Thanks to everyone for your advice =]
xxxx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news you took him to the vet & he checked out just fine. So he is active & running around then? That is really good to hear. Has he eaten as well?
I am happy that things were not serious.
Thanks for the update.

Tracie

xebo

Original Poster
he never eats a lot tbh. Usually a quick munch on his veg and then a couple of crickets but there's always tons of veg left every night. He's a little slower than normal, I'm not sure if that's just me imagining it but he does seem slower. He's been trying to climb on my all day cos I'm ill too so we're taking care of each other =]
xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom