Bad experience at flukerfarms.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickyspark

Hatchling Member
After finally giving up on dried and cooked crickets, I figured I'd just get some of the live ones and let the chirping drive me insane. I searched online for hours at home, finally coming across flukerfarms.com as having the most affordable (plus I had some Fluker reptile food and trusted the brand name) crickets and shipping ($5.00 priority mail).

Not having kept crickets before, I got 500 of the 3/16" - 1 week old crickets. Now keep in mind, all the other sites showed 1 week old as being pinhead or 1/16" of an inch. I shrugged and ordered the next day at work. Two days later they arrive and we open the priority flat rate box. Inside were spiders, beetles, oh and a lot of less than 1/16" of an inch crickets...loosely packed, hidden in the flaps at the bottom, escaping from the box even before it was totally open, and mostly dead.

The next day after I had ordered the crickets my bank calls me to notify me of suspicious activity on my debit card, it had tons of fradulent charges. I placed the order at work on one of our secure servers. I had not used this card in ages, and I find it hard to believe that it was stolen/lost some other way than from their end not being secure. I use my regular credit cards a lot, and they've never been hit. Yet the one time I shop with the bank card online, going directly to the website and ordering, this happens.

Anyone know of a good cricket supplier, with reasonable, spiderless shipping?

Treasure

I just received my order from them yesteray via Fed Ex 2-day. I ordered 1000 3 week. Some were dead, but I think that the over-counted enough for it to equal out. I also recieved 1 Spider( I smashed him right when i saw him :p ), 2 tiny beetles, and about 25 of the hairy worm type things. I was told that the "beetles" and worms were a clean up crew for the dead crickets and they are harmless.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
I've been ordering my crickets from http://www.millbrookcrickets.com/ I've had pretty good luck with them. I order via the phone, I haven't been ordering off the website. The phone number I've been using is 601-932-9333 and I always get Beverly, she is very nice.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
i order from flucker farms and they are great for me!!!!! i get them mostly alive and the 10 or 15 out of 1000 i get and clean them out real quick. I never got any spiders. and ur right the worms are harmless even if they get eaten. I put thm back in my cricket tub though. The beetls are just the worms that already morphed. and btw are u sure they are supposed to eat the dead crickets? if they do i never new that:D lol i always see the crickets attacking the worms and eating them! any1 else experiance that?

ive been ordering from flukers for 3 months and have had no problem always a super overcount and no doa.. always comes with a clean up crew... and prices is rite. :mrgreen:

i never had crickets attack the worms maybe add more food for the crickets...
yes the worms are best they keep the smell almost to nothing... ive been keeping a colony goin...

DNADragons

Hatchling Member
They may be natures clean up crew, but theyre indicative to unsanitary conditions. Generally, you don't feed your pets things that attract natures clean up crew. You never really know what had killed its last host. Some of the parasites and diseases your pet dragons will get come from the feeder insects. So careful feeding bugs to your dragons that eat other dead bugs.

DNADragons

Hatchling Member
mrgoogls":2blbgt9c said:
i order from flucker farms and they are great for me!!!!! i get them mostly alive and the 10 or 15 out of 1000 i get and clean them out real quick. I never got any spiders. and ur right the worms are harmless even if they get eaten. I put thm back in my cricket tub though. The beetls are just the worms that already morphed. and btw are u sure they are supposed to eat the dead crickets? if they do i never new that:D lol i always see the crickets attacking the worms and eating them! any1 else experiance that?

The only thing that comes to mind is feed your crickets. They may nibble naturally on something dead, but unless thirsty/hungry, they won't be hunting. Try giving your crickets chicken mash, or corn meal. Also zuccini and other squashes make great cheap hydration source, if replaced daily. You can also use the stalks of your veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom