backgrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsarah

Where can I find a wider selection of backgrounds for my beardies tank? I've been to petco and petsmart and all they ever seem to have in stock is aquarium plant backgrounds for fish. I'd like a scenice desert background as opposed to a closeup wall of rock if possible.

imsarah

Original Poster
Yeah, thats what I'm looking for. All they've got stocked is the double sided stuff at petco and petsmart with the underwater scene on one side and either solid blue or black on the other side. There was one with dinosaurs but I wasn't feeling it.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Actually I was thinking more of an outlet store or a home improvement store to look for the background. You can even google for a really neat background (wall paper).
Janie.

imsarah

Original Poster
Oooh, like actual wall covering? Interesting, I hadn't even considered that. I don't think my landlord would like that much though. Maybe a poster or something. I'll check it out, thanks so much for that idea!

hartungs

Hatchling Member
Here are a couple more ideas that you may want to consider: 1. Posters, 2. Wallpaper, 3. Large pictures, 4. Fabric (Jo-Ann Fabrics), 5. Bamboo, 6. Make your own on craft paper.

imsarah

Original Poster
Okay so I ended up ordering online from Herpsupplies.com after driving around to all the reptile stores I could find within a 15 mile radius (which is about 3 stores). Its ridiculous to me that NOBODY carries any terrarium backgrounds aside from the foam inserts. Anyway, heres what I picked out...
http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=AHG11762-1
ruindesert.jpg

I can't wait, I'm so excited! I'm sure he'll enjoy seeing something other than bare wall as much as I will!

Krypton

that's an interesting background. Roman ruins on one side and Arizona desert on the other. Lol...it just seems like a very odd pair of scenery. But it's neat! I like the Roman ruins! :blob5:

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I use that one!! lol i have to search for a different one as it's not tall enough for the cage and no matter how good i cut and paste it just looks a bit shoddy!

:blob5: :blob5:

imsarah

Original Poster
Yeah, the roman ruins are pretty nice, I've never seen that used before for a background. I had a hard time finding one tall enough for my tank too. All the ones I kept finding were all 12" tall and I was starting to lose hope and was considering going ahead and getting the smaller sized background and just making a fake rock background with a window to fit the desert background on, so that it sort of looked like the opening of a cave or something. I just want something nice for him to look at other than my living room on one side and a blank white wall on the other.

I am using a bamboo matchstich blind out of the clearance bin at Home Depot. I cut off the excess to fit to the back of my tank.
You can get different shades of the blind. It is more dimensional and looks like a desert scene. I paid less than $2 and my tank is 70 gallons. Ask for oops blinds that have been messed up with the cutting or discontinued blinds. Any kind work work depending on look your going for!
I have been pretty crafty with the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom