Back to normal but no eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlinp99

Hi. I recently posted about how my 8 month old female may possibly be carrying infertile eggs. She’s been to the vet who felt her stomach and said it’s very possible, and said to switch out the storage box I was using as a lay box for a cat litter tray, which she prefers as she can easily get into it. Before the vet visit, she wasn’t eating, kept digging in the corner of her tank and was pretty hyper most of the time. After the vet visit where he gave her some recovery diet as she wasn’t eating, she’s back to normal. She’s eating again, stopped digging around and lets me hold her without trying to run away. But there are no eggs.
I was going to take her back to the vet for an ultrasound but is it worth it if she’s back to her usual self?
Thanks! :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Caitlyn, I would skip the ultrasound, your girl was probably just being very restless as many of them do become as young adults. The behavior happens in most dragons her age, both male + female.

Caitlinp99

Original Poster
AHBD":10phucvw said:
Hi Caitlyn, I would skip the ultrasound, your girl was probably just being very restless as many of them do become as young adults. The behavior happens in most dragons her age, both male + female.

Yeah, it’s quite expensive if there’s no need for it to be done. She’s completely fine now, I’m actually wondering if she was a bit impacted and that’s what the vet could feel in her stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom