back to beardeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
Got a package in trade with a very underweight female bearded.

Lethargic is an understatement. She came with 2 other beardeds and both feed and move freely in their cages.

I have been syringe feeding stage 1 green beans into this bearded in hopes to get her to eat. Any more suggestions before I call the vet?

She is not impacted. She is not eating voluntarily. If handled she moves and fights to feel secure but quickly closes her eyes and lays still. She does not go limp.

She is not responding to insects or any kind of leafy green veggie.

enclosure is 4x2 tub....
ambient is 75-90 with basking spot at 115 surface.

I tried to hydrate in the bath tub. This was the first evidence that she was not impacted when she left a present behind.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Does she have a UVB light? Reptisun 10.0 tube lights are highly recommended and can help with appetite. I would get some Repta-Aid from petsmart and force feed her some of that. Its packed with vitamins and helps increase appetite also. If her temps aren't correct and she doesn't have the correct UVB light, she probably won't eat. I would force feed her some water also. Good luck....

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
you may want to have a fecal done. it kinda sounds like brandy my beardie who had coccidea. she went down hill real bad wouldent eat i had to force feed her jumpstart i got some stuff from nw chameleons called reptaid. its diffrent then the rept-aid petsmart sells that stuff is kinda a emergency booster like the jumpstart. but the reptaid really perked brandy up! after three doses she started eating on her own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom