Back leg not working in older dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dragon about 2 years old, female, and she's been in a tank with a male that is about a year and a half for the past month or so.

Last night I noticed her dragging herself around, but thought it was just because she was submitting to the male, since she was arm waving and such at the same time. Today I took her out to check her out and it's limp, not working at all, she is just dragging it around, and it's only the one back leg.

I don't think it can be impaction, she's only using Bug Company adult dragon food, and she's eatten the same food for over a year with no problems. There are rocks in the cage but they're only about 6 inches high and I don't think she could break her leg from that.

Could it be from the male? I've seperated them in hopes she'll get better, but I have no idea what has caused it or how to help her, and now I'm very worried. Could it be she's carrying eggs and it's causeing it? I didn't feel anything, but I do know he's been trying to breed with her.

Please give me some help, I cannot take her to the vet this week at all and I can't really afford much at the momment, I have a newborn daughter that is very expensive, as most babies are :)

Good that you seperated them! I would give her a long warm bath and rub her tummy just in case she is Impacted.! won't hurt anything!
If you could answer these questions someone can help you faster!
How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?

DreamcatcherDragons

Original Poster
She is about 2 years old and I've had her since she was 3 months.
She's in a 40 gallon breeder size tank, with shelf liner in the bottom, not sand
I have a UVB bulb flloresent tube 6 months old and a ceramic heater 150 watt, new, both ZooMed, the expensive kind.

I've given her a warm bath two days ago and today as well, she tried to use the leg it seems and it twitched but she couldn't use it.
She's also climbing rocks and eating and drinking like usual, it just seems to be the leg.

DreamcatcherDragons

Original Poster
When I can I give her Acidophiliz+ and a liquid Vitamin B complex, both purchased from Beautifuldragons.com

Her basking spot is seperate from her UVB bulb, and there is a rock under it, temps are fine, I take them with a temp gun, and the room is nice and warm all the time as well as having her own basking spot, since all my dragons are in their own room and I keep the door closed to keep it warm.

She can get to about 6 inches of her heat lamp, no heat pads or rocks
As far as pooping, I thought she was but it might have been the male, I am keeping an eye on her since she is now in her own tank, and I will know soon I hope.

She has Bug Company bearded dragon adult food she's been eating since I got her with no problems, it's in her cage at all times, and a water bowl is always full. I also give her a bath once or twice a week.

Hope this is enough info...

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
if you answer the posted questions it will help much more than the general answers that you have given so far. You would be amazed at what can be found in the details...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom