Bach Rescue Remedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
I wonder if any one has heard of this.

A few times a week Skyler changes into a crazed beardie. She gets so dark, almost black, glazed over eyes and hides in the corner or in her hide all day long. She wont eat when she is like this and looks at me like she has never seen me before and is very scared. She lets me pick her up but dosnt move at all. I really cant figure it out. Her poops look very normal. The tank is set up perfectly... I just dont know what sets her off. I honestly have never seen her without stress marks. Sometimes her stressmarks are light but I have never seen her with a white belly.

Anyways Im wondering if this would help her any

THis is what the bottle says

Bach
"original flower essences"

RESCUE REMEDY
Natural Stress Relief
20mL
A Homeopathic Remedy,
Contains 27% alcohol

Active Ingredients:
5x dilution of helianthemum nummularium HPUS, clemantis vitalba HPUS, impatiens glandulifera HPUS, Prunus cerasifera HPUS, Ornithogalum umbellatum HPUS.
Inactive Ingredients:
Alchol

"Dr. Bach's most famous Flower Essence formula, Resuce Remedy is one of the world's best known natural stress relief remedies. Mode from five of the Doctor's original 38 Flower Essences: Cherry Plum, Clematis, Impatiens, Rock Rose and Star of Bethlehem.

Rescue Remedy is an all natural form of healing that can reduce everyday stress and help maintain control of your health. Gentle, safe, effective treatment for the whole family."

Directions
Take 4 drops in a small glass or water. can also be taken by placing 4 drops directly on or under the tongue.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Those plants/flowers are safe for bearded dragons. I would only give a drop or two just to see how she does on something such as that type of herbal remedy. You could mix it in with pedialyte or diluted juice.
Is her tank perhaps by a window to where she can see outside & maybe birds that are flying by? Do you have a ceiling fan that you turn on that might scare her?

Tracie

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay great ill try it and see if it can help her calm down.

her viv is in my room and i always have the door shut to help keep the room warm. no fan and my blinds are down for the winter under plastic that we put over my window. (old house with lots of air flow from outside even when the window is shut!) Do you think it could be parasites or worms? do the worms make their stomachs hurt and maybe when it feels the worst she gets upset and hides? She is also VERY small for her age.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, what do her stools look like? I don't think they would cause the crazed behavior. Does she do this all of the time or just sometimes?
Does she do it when you go to pick her up?

What type of lighting are you using?
Let me know how the herbal elixir works for her.

Tracie

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It seems to happen at completely random times. I used to think that she did it before a shed but then she did it in between sheds. It happens 2-3 times a week. Ill go in my room and there she will be stuffed in a corner or unside her hide, really dark. Her belly gets dark grey with black stress marks. Then, just the other day she did it after I fed her. I fed her, put her back into her viv and then she suddenly went into her hide and layed down. She always has stress marks.

She lets me pick her up fine. When she is feeling well she is SUCH a sweet baby. I used to have to hand feed her with a syringe so she does really good with handling. When I first got my 2 beardies in august I was doing EVERYTHING wrong. they were about a month old and I had them housed together in a 40gallong with calci sand! and no UV!! Then 2 weeks later Skyler started to not move and not eat. Also i knew they where fighting because one day I found Stompy with a missing toe and tip of tail, so I came here and learned to take out the sand, separate them and then get some uv!they were only without the UV for 2 weeks. But after I separated them Skyler's health spun out of control. she didnt eat for almost2 weeks, So like everyone on here told me i started force feeding her baby food. eventually she started eating again but has never been the same. Stompy is HUGE and i can now feed him butter worms and silk worms. Skyler is still pretty small. half the weight of Stompy.

I have a 100 watt MVB on one side and a CHE on the other. Its soooo cold in my house. we have a old house with very leaky windows.

im going to try the rescue remedy on her later in the week. School just started so I wont have time til later in the week to observe her over a long period of time. ill pm you with how she does with it if this thread dies down by then lol

oh and her stools look fine to me. brown semi firm blobs with a white blob. no weird smells or mush. would i be able to see the worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom