Babysitting

jabda

Hatchling Member
I'm babysitting a BD for a friend. She eats like a hog anything placed in the dish. Problem watery loose fecal material. I've been babysitting for 10days with 6 to go while owner is out of town working. This is her second poop with the first not as bad but still same look. The owner takes the position not to worry about it but I think she has some issues. I've had (2) BD for 2 years, male & female any their poop never looked like this. She needs a vet appointment asap. Parasites and who know what else.
My vet says my (2) BD are healthy and it's a pleasure to examine healthy animals.
I would take her to the vet but just to walk in the door is $85 plus all the test needed for the proper medication knowing the owner is not willing to pay.
I have separated them completely, never placing them with one another since that first poop. My enclosures are properly maintained with correct lighting etc. (never had both BD sick the last (2) years), only yearly check ups. Male at @ 630 grams, female 523grams... vet says they're just big boned.
How do I convince owner his BD needs attention? Don't want her to die on my watch.
Thoughts on fecal materia

Attachments

• poop2.jpg
    poop2.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 62

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I'm babysitting a BD for a friend. She eats like a hog anything placed in the dish. Problem watery loose fecal material. I've been babysitting for 10days with 6 to go while owner is out of town working. This is her second poop with the first not as bad but still same look. The owner takes the position not to worry about it but I think she has some issues. I've had (2) BD for 2 years, male & female any their poop never looked like this. She needs a vet appointment asap. Parasites and who know what else.
My vet says my (2) BD are healthy and it's a pleasure to examine healthy animals.
I would take her to the vet but just to walk in the door is $85 plus all the test needed for the proper medication knowing the owner is not willing to pay.
I have separated them completely, never placing them with one another since that first poop. My enclosures are properly maintained with correct lighting etc. (never had both BD sick the last (2) years), only yearly check ups. Male at @ 630 grams, female 523grams... vet says they're just big boned.
How do I convince owner his BD needs attention? Don't want her to die on my watch.
Thoughts on fecal materia
The poop is very runny w/ symptoms of possible parasites---- you said there was NO UVB?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom