Baby walking on wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fiance and I got a little one last weekend from a local pet shop. A few days after we got it I noticed that (s)he was wresting on weirdly on the left wrist. I know beardies tend to lay in all sorts of goofy and uncomfortable looking positions, so I didn't think much of it. I noticed the other day when reaching to clean/feed that the little one runs on the wrist. Could this be an early sign of MBD? The local shop takes a lot better care of their animals than the typical Petsmart/Petco but I'm not sure if they dusted or what kind of UVB they had set up. Could it be an injury or just a natural birth defect? I realize that it would be hard to tell from photos and you aren't vets, but would appreciate ideas. (S)He is very alert and still active and eats normally, so at this point I'm not overly concerned but I would like to hear some opinions.

You can see here that the left foot doesn't quite lay flat.
11997988753_008490b9ac_c.jpg

And in this photo the wrist is more cocked and this is how it looks when the little dude is running.
11998505136_ec65bf3cb5_z.jpg

Tonja

BD.org Addict
awww he is adorable. It looks like it could be a touch of MBD. What type of UVB are you using and how close to it can he get. Also make sure you dust his feeders 5 times a week one feeding a day for those 5 days, and that he gets a multivitamin 2 times a week one feeding per those 2 days.

ifonlytobreathe

Original Poster
Currently I'm using an ExoTerra solar glow MVB. I'm not sure how good they are, but I have used them with two adult dragons and an adult Uro with success over the past few years. He can get within 15" or so from the bulb unobstructed. I used to use mega-ray bulbs a few years ago, but I had several issues with quality in a short period of time. At the same time either the price of the bulb or shipping increased dramatically and I felt that it was no longer worth the cost.

I have been dusting all gut loaded feeders with Rep-Cal and a few times a week using a combination of Rep-cal and Herptivite to dust. I have also been sprinkling greens with a tiny bit of Repcal as well (though I don't think he eats them).

I haven't had any experience with MBD, but I would assume if it is MBD, the early stage and in such a young dragon it could be reversed. Is this the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom