Baby Superworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
So, I've been having a lot of issues with crickets, so I've been looking at other ways to feed my beardies. Great Lakes Hornworms sells baby superworms that are 1/2" to 3/4". Would these be alright to feed to my 7.5 inch beardie? They are about the same size as small mealworms.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
you would probably be ok. Just don't order a lot at a time since the worms grow faster than your dragon. Id stick to orders less than 250

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I lost two batches of 1500+ crickets in less than a month, so I've been going to the petstore and getting their crickets so at least I'm not wasting food. But its such a rip off...

runningguy

Hatchling Member
Do you keep the crickets inside or in a cold garage? I keep mine inside, but they don't chirp. 1500 adult crickets would be loud.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hehe, yeah, I actually used to keep them in either my bathroom or the laundry room. I had sub adults, who never seemed to chirp, which was nice. And then they all died, which was sad. And yucky.

remi1

Juvie Member
Superworms have a much higher fat content than crickets, like 17 (I think the unit is %, can't remember :( ) vs 6%-ish for crickets. Have you thought about starting a dubia colony? That's what I'm going to do as soon as I get back from CT. That way you don't have to worry about losing crickets. Bizarre that they all died like that. Bet that reeked :bleick:

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes, it did reek, however, dubias are out of the question for me, as I rent and don't want to be responsible if somehow some did escape and create their own colony in my apartment (and my roommates would murder me).

remi1

Juvie Member
Lol, my fiance said the same thing when I mentioned starting a colony b/c we also rent and he was worried about them breeding. So I posted a question on the forum about it to see if anyone else had an issue w/it. Apparently, unless you live in a warm climate, it's not an issue and they will die w/in a day or two. Just like crickets. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom