Baby stressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draco614

We've had Draco for about 4 days now and he seemed fine until this morning. When we went to feed him he wouldn't eat. I tried hand feeding him the cricket but he like snapped at it once and then just ignored it. We decided to give him a warm bath and while he was in the bath my gf put slate across the rest of his tank. We put him back in and he crawled on his log underneath his basking and uvb light and and then we walked away. We went back and noticed that his whole underside was immediately darker with stress marks. We noticed he had some light ones when we first got him but nothing this bad. They seem to be getting a little bit lighter but aren't gone. Is changing his cage what did this? I'm also curious if the repti-glo 10.0 just isn't cutting it. The stores around here didn't have the repti-sun, so we have to order it. Until today he has been fine, eating and pooping. Should we just give him some time to adjust to his new layout and then try and feed him again?

He is in a 20 gallon tank and he's only like 4-5 inches long.. his basking rock is about 110-100 (done by digital with a probe) and his cooler side is about 80. Right now the tank is a little cooler and its only reading about 90 bc we had the light off it while cleaning and reorganizing. We are going to go get a 75 watt bulb and see if that will help regulate and keep his temps up there better... Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. Him not eating is starting to worry us!

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Give it time. Try not to be to pushy or handle or even give baths for a few days. They can have relocation stress for a couple weeks its normal. Keep monitoring. With Dino we left her alone for first 3 or 4 days and then started holding her for 3-5 mins at a time and then longer as time went by. You are huge and she is so small in a new place. Its ok for the stress marks. Just be patient. After a few days try hand feeding her greens sprinkled with calc or a treat like a wax worm then they start to learn with your hand comes good things. With her being with you for 4 days and giving her baths already it is probably just stress from all of the sudden changes. Don't worry beardies just like to make us worrie it will be fine dont rush it. :) good luck hope i helped also you can find good lighting at petmountain.com for cheap!

draco614

Original Poster
Thanks.. yea he's pretty much back to normal now.. It seems that he didn't want anything but wax worms.. We had our roommate feed him and our leopard gecko.. and she thought we wanted her to give him the wax worm too.. Then the next day he refused to eat anything.. He finally ate like 3 crickets so (without knowing that our roommate gave him a wax worm the day before) we gave him another wax worm bc we wanted him to eat something.. Then he really refused to eat.. so we got him to eat a few crickets a day and didn't give into giving him another wax worm.. Now he is almost back up to where he was eating.. We had ordered some phoenix worms but its been too cold over here for delivery and our reptisun should be here in a few days... Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom