BABY Seizure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
I was giving Roxy a bath today...she seemed really freaked she doesnt like me handling her still.
well i was gently rubbing her and trying to sooth her and her head started jerking...i thought maybe she was just flinching.
but think its much worse then that because i just saw her doing it in her cage. omg what could be wrong with her
its mostly her head that jerks up and down but small movements.

another thing while in the bath she was really still and almost laid in the water, her belly was white but just her behavior is really scaring me

she ate fine today in fact she was down to chow right when i put in her crickets. they are always dusted with calcium and i give her herpavite powdered crickets at least once a week. whats wrong with her :(

she pooped fine today it looks hydrated not in any way abnormal.
what serious thin could be wrong with her :(

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
If everything else is fine she probably got some water in her ear! It does freak you out a bit but I would not be to worried!!

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
omg if thats all ill be the happiest person in the world. im going to watch her to make sure nothing else happens.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just to be safe, could you fill us in on the brand & type of UVB you're using? Also, what is the distance of the UVB to the basking spot?

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
the baby hasnt done it since...she still eats very well, poops regularly....
ill just have to make sure not to sprinkle water in her ear when im getting her to drink.

To answer your set up questions ....
The bulb is 100 watt mvb bulb. It sits in a deep dome fixture and she is farther then 10" away from the light at her basking spot.
I measured the distance from the bottom of the dome light fixture. I have a river rock settled into my drift wood so that she gets better heat for her tummy. the wood didnt seem to be working as well. plus its something familiar to her since she used to always be on a rock.

I have a temp gun to measure temps. last time i checked her basking spot was 100-102 and her cool side of the cage was 83.
when there is a screen between the light and the basking spot does that affect how much uvb she is getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom