Baby jumped on heat lamp dome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinny

I put my baby bearded dragon on top of his tank for a second and he JUMPED ONTO one of the domes of the heating lamp for a quick second, I panicked and swiped him off and he jumped back on for a quick second. He was probably on the lamp for a total of 1-3 seconds. I am so nervous and shaken up right now, i'm scared he got burned because the dome is VERY hot to the touch for me. I dont see anything physical on him (redness, etc.) but it only happened 10 minutes ago. He is about 5-6 weeks old and I just got him on sunday from the reptile expo. Any concerns or tips or things I should look out for tonight and tomorrow morning and the next few days/future?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They really do love to jump onto things!
If he was burned, you should be able to tell fairly quickly, but definitely look for redness on the skin to set in. Hopefully there was no damage, but if there seems to be then you could get aloe vera gel, or raw unpasteurized honey to put on the areas if they do look burned.
How is he acting right now?

Tracie

Quinny

Original Poster
Good news! Everything is okay, he slept perfectly fine last night, woke up this morning when the lights came on, ate some morning veggies and 15 roaches, and had his morning poop. He was up against the glass at one point and I picked him up and examined his belly arms hands legs and neck and there was no sign of burns or redness. So glad my lil guy is okay!
86546-1865427699.jpg
86546-7482388313.jpg
86546-2196388366.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH my, he is so cute! :D
I am so glad that he is alright then, I figured that he would be but accidents do happen.
He is going to grow fast so be ready for him to eat a lot!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8chinhthuc
Top Bottom