Baby food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
For some reason my iPod wont let me search the site for this topic. My question is can I feed my beardie (coming soon) babyfood daily after I get him/her. My friend who is raising them at the moment (this is her first live clutch) she has been taking advice from a breeder who works at or manages an independent pet store. They take real good care of there reptiles. They have a huge monitor that's the stores pet (not for sale). He suggested feeding babyfood allong with other stuff. I have meet him before when i had my beardie with liver failure. He ointes me in the right direction. Anyway she feeds the babies pinhead crickets, flightless fruit fly. And baby food off a little baby spoon. I think it's like squash or yams its orange color forgot to ask her. So my question is how often can I feed mine baby food and what kinds. I will be getting him about August 13th. I have a name in my head but I don't know yet anyways not important. He/she will be 6 weeks to the day. (I know I keep saying he but I always say he just automatic).

icelore

Juvie Member
If the beardie is eating well, they shouldn't need baby food. Baby food is for very young dragons that need a boost, or sick animals. Since your baby is coming from a breeder that takes good care of them, they should be eating greens (thought that's not one of the foods you mentioned they feed?) and live insects. After a week or two f relocation stress, as long as your new dragon's appetite picks up and s/he eats live for you, there's no reason to continue with baby food. :)

Gail

BD.org Addict
Baby food is only for sick dragons and fruit flies are worthless for dragons. They should be getting plenty of bugs like crickets, dubia, silkworms and phoenix worms plus greens daily. Your friend is not getting proper advice from the breeder who works at the pets store, the diet she is feeding her babies just isn't correct.

Read the caresheets here and do plenty of research. Not sure what your breeder friend is breeding but that doesn't automatically make him a dragon expert. I'd hate to see you get bad advice just becasue you are impressed with the stores reptiles.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She feeds greens as well. I called her today and asked her about the fruit flies. She said she was feeding that because she has a mass death with her crickets and her order wasn't in yet.they normally eat 3 times a day pinheads greens and babyfood just for extra nutrients. The guy at the petstore breeds beardies. To answer the kinda question about not know what she breeds. And if your saying my friend isn't an expert then both her and I already know that's why she is seeking advice. Also why I am seeking advice. I will be seeing the babies on Thursday and they get an exam on Monday? This coming week or the week after to make sure they are developing properly. She also has repti worms and when I get mine he will be souly feed pheonix worms. No crickets. The lid doesn't fit tottaly on my cage. This is her first clutch so she is making mistakes as long as they are healthy and happy. How she raises them isn't a big deal to me unless she is threading there health which it doesn't appear she is. I will be consulting my vet also once I bring him/her home. I was just wondering about babyfood and I figure if its safe to feed sick dragons it won't hurt if she feed them that. Also she isn't feeding a whole ton to them. Just a spoon full or two for te group she feeds them the babyfood in groups of 5 and spoon full I mean baby spoons not like a table spoon. Also these questions are te reason I come to the forum. I am not a total nimrod when it comes to beardies I had one for almost a year before he we found out he had liver failure and my vet said I had wondeful husbandry she asked me about it because I was blaming myself for his liver. But she said I couldn't do anything about it. And I wasn't the cause that the level of damage the live had e most likely ha failure before I got him. Anyways thanks go your answers just felt I needed to clarify a few things. I think I will also be moving to another forum becUse it is giving me problems. On my iPod and laptop dot know what's wrong with it. Or my browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom