Baby Eating LOTS of Greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, my dragon Sully is juuust about 9 inches now (I got him at 6 or so inches so it's pretty cool to see him grow!) but the weird thing is about him is that he doesn't really eat like a baby dragon like I've been told he should? like, babies eat a lot of crickets, and when he was littler (and was eating crickets instead of Reptiworms, which are now his new favorite) he ate probably 50ish crickets a day, sometimes more and sometimes less, you know.

but as of the last month or so, he's been eating a TON of greens? not that he doesn't eat his worms, but he eats only like 35 or so a day maybe, again, sometimes more or less. but he can mow throw probably 3 or 4 leaves of mustard greens a day. (and those are pretty big leaves!)

is this weird for a baby (I guess he's still a baby)? I know I should be mega happy he loves greens like he does but I've only heard about people having difficulty with feeding greens to their dragons, and I don't have to do anything to get Sully to dive into his.

also, he hates fruit, so at least he's a baby in that aspect. :lol: he won't eat blueberries or strawberries or grapes, not even raspberries, which most people tell me dragons looove.

I don't know if this is a big deal or anything, I just end up worrying about him a lot because he's my first pet that I've actually gotten to take care of and play with and stuff; I only had fish and frogs as a kid so having a beardie the past months has been really fun!

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
It's a little unusual, but it's certainly not a bad thing.

Just feel lucky that you've got a little one who likes his salads :mrgreen:

This is normal.

Babys eat 80% insects 20% greens

Adults are reversed.

At 9 months the beardie is probably at a 50-50 ratio now.

Congrats on having no trouble with your beardie eating greens like a champion!

JayNormus

my Squirt is almost exactly the same, used to tear into crix then he fell in love with repti/phoenix worms, now eats 25-35 worms and LOVES his Collards and escarole. 4 sheds since i got him 2 months ago so something is right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom