Baby beardies sometimes won’t eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.

My roommate and I have 2 baby bearded dragons so i have 2 different questions.
1) Dumbledore (the roommate’s) is probably around 2 months and about 6” long sometimes won’t eat but is exploring his viv, pooping, and otherwise being a very chill little guy. Today I tried to get him to eat some roaches using tongs. He ate them almost immediately. Is he just a lazy guy who doesn’t want to chase his food? How do I get him to eat with out being hand fed?? Also, we’ve had him for 2 weeks... is he just now getting more comfortable in the house to eat?

2) Falkor (mine- obviously as my u/n suggests) is maybe a little older than Dumbledore and is almost 8” long. Had him about a week now. He started off as a big eater but lately he’s been slowing down. 2 days after I brought him home he did a full body shed. Was he just having a growth spurt so he was eating more? He’s not eating a ton less, but instead of 6 roaches at a time, it’s more like 3-4... or is that a ton less?? He loves his basking spot and running around like a crazy little guy. He also usually likes to hunt his crickets or roaches but he hasn’t been as interested in the past few days. Am i just being an overly concerned new dragon mom?

If anyone has suggestions or maybe possible explanations, that would be very appreciated!!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Are they housed together ? …. if so , separate them into two separate tanks (best to stack these).

If each has it's own tank , can they see each other , see above.

They are being stressed by each other ….. a subtile dominance competition is going on.

Falkorsmom

Original Poster
They each have their own 40 gallon (getting a 55 when they get bigger). And they’re blocked from seeing each other when they’re in their own vivs. They’ve seen each other before though and I’m sure can smell/hear each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom