BABY BEARDIES LIVES AT STAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so a couple weeks ago we separated our beardies(male and female) because they were acting up and bullying each other, even though they grew up together(they're not siblings tho) and then everything was fine. now tonight my female beardie starts laying eggs, and some of them look fertile!!! I dont have an incubator, I dont have a place for them to hatch, I dont have any of the materials needed!(except for a tank for the babies if they hatch) I haven't touched the eggs(except for one that she crushed by stepping on) but she laid them in the sand under a heat lamp. this is the first time she has laid eggs and if you count the crushed one she has laid 6 eggs so far, she's stopped and has gone to sleep now but I'm waiting to see if she lays more eggs. Please help me, I dont know what to do with the eggs and I can't find anything on the web on what to do if I'm not prepared. please help, I will supply pictures if needed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, you don't have too many options really since they have been laid already.
Bringing them up is expensive & unless you have some idea where to sell them
or can provide a home for them all, it might be best to freeze them so that they
wont develop.
Otherwise, you will need to hurry up & get an incubator to try & hatch them out.
While waiting for them to hatch, you can try to find homes for them, or keep them
only if you can provide food & adequate housing for them. Remember also, they
can lay several clutches of eggs from a single mating!

Let us know what you decide.

Tracie

ghostarcherbeardie

Original Poster
thank you, my teacher at school has an incubator and since it is unlikely that the eggs will live anyway :banghead: then maybe I can raise them at school as a class project. then they have at least a chance at life :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
This is going to sound harsh, but please do not raise them unless you are willing to drop hundreds of dollars on them. Baby beardies eat a LOT and can't go to their permeant home until they are 2 months at least. Plus, you'll have to try and find people to take them. The market is saturated with baby beardies, and it will be very difficult. Also, you said your beardie had sand - please remove it immediately!! This is very bad for them! While we are at it, can you give us a rundown of all your setups? Including lights, heat, food, UV, substrate, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom